Thursday, April 14, 2011

Introductory Post

Hello blogworld, let me introduce myself:
My name is Gwen. I'm a college student, an employee, an avid yet eclectic reader, a nerd, a cat lover, a girlfriend, a daughter, a sister. . .
and I am a wiccan.

I started this blog out of a need to write-to communicate somehow-when I am frustrated, especially at not being able to tell some of the most important people in my life about some of the most important aspects of my life.

I was raised in a loving, close-knit Christian home. I still live at home. Let's face it, it's cheap, convenient most of the time, and like I said, my family is close. The only problem with this is that I have to either not practice my religion, or lie to my parents. Now, because lying hurts the people I lie to "An' it harm none, do what ye will" pretty much means I have to not lie. So does "Thou shalt not bear false witness" (don't lie). Either way, I can't seem to win. My religion says don't lie, but it would be lying to keep telling my parents that I believe in God the same way they do.

I know that what I should do is just come right out and tell them, but as long as I'm talking about not lying. . . I'm scared to do that. I love my parents very much and I am honestly afraid that they will disown me or kick me out when they find out that their little girl is wiccan.

No comments:

Post a Comment