Monday, April 18, 2011

Palm Sunday

I went to the Palm Sunday service with my family yesterday .  At one point, I looked over at my mom to see her so filled with emotion that she had tears in her eyes. I was moved, myself, to see how her spirit was being lifted. She will not feel that way about me. She will not know what I feel during an esbat, or even a walk in the rain. The world is my church, the wind, the rain, the birds are my music, and all of nature is a message.

My mom takes notes during the message at church to help her better understand her chosen faith. I respect that immensely .  If she found one of the books I am reading to help me understand more about my chosen faith, she would be filled with disappointment.

I'm slowly starting my journey out of these cloying walls of secrecy .  I've told three close friends (one of whom is also Pagan- he was the first I told), my boyfriend, and a curious coworker. It's scary, but it feels good knowing that there are people who care about me, and who accept me.

No comments:

Post a Comment