Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Secret Witchy Things

I wanted to talk to someone about tools and supplies. I know they aren't necessary, but I like having candles, Blessed water, my wand, etc. The problem with this is that I can't keep my alter set up all the time, I can't just have a nice little jar labeled "Blessed Water", and my candles are of the Yankee varieties. 

My alter is very simple, just a white candle, and two shells- one for the Goddess, one for the God. Very simple, but with personal meaning. I don't live near an ocean, I hardly ever get to visit one, but when I do . . . it's truly a spiritual, magical experience for me. So shells feel appropriate to me.

My Blessed water is kept in a prescription medication bottle (cleaned, physically and magickally). I think all my candles are some scent or other that I liked from Yankee Candles but hadn't gotten around to burning yet. I checked at my local witch nook, though, and they have little candles. They're bigger than birthday cake candles, but much smaller than votive candles. I think I need to pick some of those up.

Fortunately, my family is ok with me using herbal remedies, so I at least don't have to hide my herbs, or my mortar and pestle. I do keep them all in my room, though. Imagine having to sneak downstairs at midnight because you forgot the sage or something!

I have a pentacle necklace I made out of some purple string and a ring from a keychain. When my mom saw it she said that yes, it was very nice, but that I would have to be careful or someone might think I was wearing it because I was a witch or something . . . Yup, that'd be just awful.

I know I complain about this, and I know I'm fortunate to live somewhere safe. I am very blessed. I need to remind myself of that.


In other news, plans are in the works to move out! Not anytime soon, really .  I will probably have to finish my degree first (just community college so far). I have two semesters to go. If I could get an apartment with my friends, I could practice much more openly .  So- save up, move out!

No comments:

Post a Comment