Friday, September 16, 2011

New Starts

The new semester is under way, and my new healthy start is under way as well.

I'm taking two psychology classes and an observation/participation class. There's a lot of interesting material, but a lot of work. I'm trying not to leave it all for the night before it's due, but time management has never been my strongest suit.

I'm also working on on being healthy. I have a habit of snacking when I'm bored, not moderating things that aren't healthy, and in general eating too much. I'm not dieting, just making healthier choices.

Making healthy choices is very important to me. If I'm going to be completely honest, I had a problem a year or so ago with (thankfully small and short) instances of self-harming. It's something that I have moved on from, but I worry that if I look to closely at "dieting", anorexia could become a problem. I will not do that to myself. I don't see myself as overly fat, but I'm not as healthy as I should be.

I've been Healthier (I guess that's what I'll say instead of "on a diet"?) for two weeks. I feel good. Good about what I am eating, what I'm not, and life. Eating less chips and snacks, much more fruits and veggies, and trying to keep up my protein (without burgers and the like). None of this is very magickal, but it is something that I don't talk about much, and needed to be said.

1 comment:

  1. Living healthier is difficult in the beginning, but there are a lot of great sources online with tasty recipes to keep things from getting boring... I especially love www.eatingwell.com and have printed dozens of recipes I want to try!

    ReplyDelete