Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Holidays

    Easter went rather uneventfully, went to the service with my family. Listened to the pastor talk about salvation. Went home, had a wonderful meal, and then dyed eggs.

    Beltane snuck up on me, I completely forgot about it until the day before! I walked to the local witchy shop to stock up on mini spell candles (because they're small, easy to store, and inexpensive). The owner and I started talking, and out of nowhere she said "I don't know why I am telling this to you, I just feel like I
should . . . We are having a Beltane ritual here tomorrow morning, and I would love for you to come!" I told her I would come if I could, bought my candles and started the walk home.

    I wasn't sure if I would go. On the one hand, I had never been to a ritual with other people, and this would be a new and exciting opportunity. On the other hand, they would be doing it out on the front lawn and if someone I knew drove by and saw, I might be outed whether I wanted to be or not.

    I decided to go. It was a good decision, there were about 8 or so other women there, we all built up the circle, we raised energy and put out thanks and requests, Cakes and Ale, and we danced around our maypole tree.
When I got home I held a very small ritual for myself because as good an experience as it was to be with other wiccans, I truly prefer to worship in private. I'm glad I went, though.

    Last but not least, tonight I held my first esbat. Very simple, very small. Mostly just feeling and drawing in the goddess-energies.


    School and work have been taking up a lot of time, so I've been trying to make sure to take a walk at least once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment