Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rain and gratitude

It's been raining here for about 5 days straight. I love it. I love the cleansing feeling of walking in the rain.

This post isn't really about the rain, though. I felt the need to take a moment to be thankful. I post a lot about how hard it is to keep such a huge part of me secret. I should stop for a bit and be glad that I do have a few friends who know about my faith, and are fine with it. When I'm with them, I'm just me.

There are five people that I have told: Boyfriend, a friend on a shamanic path, a close friend whose girlfriend is wiccan (call him J.K.), another close friend (LittleJon) , and an open-minded coworker (ML). Being around them, talking with them, it's like the rain; it washes away some of the anxiety, stress, and fear. I thank Goddess and God for my friends.


In other news, I'm working towards getting my license! It's the first step in the process of moving out. Second step: finish my associate's degree. Third step: save up money. Fourth step: get a car. Fifth step: move out.
1)I'm a pretty good driver, I just hate changing lanes and merging!
2)I'm about 5 or 6 classes away from my associate's.
3)I need to work on finding a better job, or a second job.
4)I might have a car lined up already.
5)Boyfriend and J.K. are working on getting an apartment together by the end of the year. I'm planning on moving in with them.

1 comment:

  1. It is tough to keep such an important part of you a secret. It's wonderful that you have a few friends you feel comfortable with to share. Thank you for blogging and sharing with all of us too.

    ReplyDelete