Thursday, May 5, 2011

Magick at its finest

(I'm not talking about illusions. "magick" is different from "stage magic") Magick for me is really all about the little things. 

    Yesterday, I lost my wallet. I know exactly when and where. It was not turned in at the lost&found. I was very upset, and stressed because this is right before finals week for me. I really couldn't afford to waste the time searching every corner of my room three times like I did. I really didn't have the time to look all over the house like I did. Twice. So now, not only do I have to go to work and school and do all my homework on time, I have to do it without an ID, or my ATM card, or any of my insurance cards.

    This is where the magick comes in. I was so upset and stressed out, I was about to cry. I silently asked the God and Goddess for tranquility.

My dad stayed calm and helped me go over what I should do about the things that were in my wallet instead of being upset with me (like my mom). He told me not to worry, all the things in my wallet were things that could be replaced. He even said he would buy me a replacement tube of my favorite lipgloss.

My cat started following me around the instant I got home, and was extra cuddly when I sat down at my computer. (she sits across my shoulders while I type)

I made some homemade chai, going through the familiar, soothing motions.

I lit a candle (blue, for calm).

I sipped my tea, saying a little wellness spell in my head. (see below)

None of these things seem big or showy, but they were magickal moments, just the same.

(The witches' almanac I have is a "spell-a-day" one, with a little spell listed under every day. I don't usually take spells from other sources without working to make it my own, but this one called out to me as a tea lover.
Make a cup of your favorite tea, add chamomile or jasmine flowers, and while it is steeping, say: "May this brew bring harmony/ and balance to my life./ May this brew bring wellness, too/ in times of stress and strife." Then as you sip your tea, visualize the energy of the tea filling you with calm. It's nearly impossible to sip tea and stay stressed or angry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment