Monday, June 6, 2011

Faerie Gifts For Princess Aurora

The coworker who knows I'm wiccan, ML, is expecting her first child in July . She's having a girl, and naming her Aurora . I decided to crochet a pastel plush star, and I added a little magick for protection, health, happiness, peace, friendship, prosperity, wisdom, and restful sleep- with permission, of course. Inside each point of the star is jasmine oil, and in the very middle of the stuffing is a little sachet with 9 herbs (plus a couple extra because the base was a packet of SleepyTime Tea). A few of the herbs I included are; Sage, St. John's Wort, Chamomile, and Eucalyptus.


I made both halves and sewed them most of the way together, then I put the jasmine in each point, stuffed each point, cast a circle, made my intent known, asked the Goddess and God to bless the star, and the baby, and finished assembling the star. I left it on my altar for now.


I'm sure I probably did something wrong, or could have done something better. I think, however, that "It's the thought that counts" really applies here. My intent is for this to bring happiness to little Aurora, and to offer some measure of protection and peace. (and it smells pretty!)

No comments:

Post a Comment